The YouTube green screen video error annoyed the YouTube lovers and there was no solution resolve the error. The Green screen prevents the video from getting displayed, while the sound from the video is usually audible. The situation might be frustrating but there is no need to fret much about it as there are some methods for fixing the green screen error on YouTube. You may have to dig deep into the Settings, but the fixes are not complicated. Just the follow the steps carefully and resolve the YouTube Green Screen error.
How to Solve YouTube Green Screen Video Error
Turn off Hardware Acceleration
In Google Chrome
- Launch Chrome and click the hamburger icon.
- Go to Settings and click to open it.
- Scroll down to bottom and click to open the Advanced Option.
- Find System section and go to Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Click to turn off the feature.
- Restart the browser.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox on your computer.
- Open the menu from the icon at the corner.
- Click on the Preferences and navigate to the General section.
- Navigate to the Performance section.
- Uncheck the Use recommended performance settings.
- Now, restart the browser and play a video on YouTube.
- Press Windows key + I key combination.
- It will open the Settings app.
- Click Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot and go to Hardware and Devices.
- Click to Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until the process is not done and Restart your pc.
Disable Graphic Card Drivers
- Open the Settings of your computer and click System.
- Click on the Display option.
- Go to Multiple displays.
- Now click the Graphics Settings link.
- Select the browser you are using. It is most probably Google Chrome.
- Now click the Remove button.
Update the Graphics driver
- Press Windows key + S to open the Search option.
- Now, type Control Panel.
- Click to open the Control Panel.
- Now click View by from the top right corner and select Large icons.
- Double-click the Device Manager.
- Click to expand the Display adapters.
- Select the graphics adapter and right click on it.
- Click Update driver option.
- Select to Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Wait for the completion of the process and restart your computer.
Suggested methods will resolve green screen video error on YouTube but if these don’t work then try to reinstall the graphics driver. Hopefully, the problem has been fixed by now, and you are enjoying YouTube again.