People have reported that Windows 10 is automatically updating the driver which is creating a problem. Some are looking for a way to prevent the drivers from updating automatically in Windows 10. If you are fed up with the driver updates and don’t know the method to block it, don’t fret and follow the methods from the guide. Not only one, but multiple methods are available to block the Driver Updates in Windows 10. So let’s the best methods to block the updates.
But, before moving forward to begin the process, you must determine which driver was recently updated. If you determine the updated driver, it will be easy to take steps accordingly.
- Press the Windows Key + I.
- It will open the Settings of your Windows computer.
- Click the Update & Security.
- Now, navigate View Update History in the right pane.
- Click to expand Drive Updates.
- Now, look at the dates and determine the updates installed before the hardware issues.
- Hopefully, you have determined the updates, let’s begin to stop driver updates in Windows 10.
Here is how to stop driver update in Windows 10
Download Show or Hide Updates Tool
The Windows 10 Home version didn’t allow the user to control the automatic updates, and hence the users were disappointed with this version. However, the developer showed some concerns ad released a troubleshooter to tackle the situation.
- Visit Microsoft’s website and download the troubleshooter tool.
- Download and install the tool.
- Now click to run the tool on your computer.
- Go to the Show or Hide Updates category section and find Hide Updates.
- Click on it, and there you go. You just blocked the driver updates.
Deactivate Update Service
You can disable or deactivate the update service, drivers and software but it needs a little digging in.
- Press Windows Key + S key combination.
- Open the Search bar of Windows and type services.msc.
- Now, press enters and scroll down to Windows Update Service.
- Double click to open the properties.
- Click the General tab and click the drop-down arrow.
- Now, go to the Startup Type section and click the drop-down arrow.
- Select Disabled from the menu.
- Now, restart your computer.
Roll Back the Drivers
If the system has automatically installed the updates and creating the problem in the computer, the rolling back to the previous version is a solution that you should follow.
- Got the taskbar and right-click on the Windows icon.
- Click Device Manager from the list of options.
- Locate the device creating problem and right click on it.
- Now, select the Properties from the list appeared.
- Open the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back Driver tab.
- You may require to Restart your computer.
It is sure that the unwanted updates are annoying sometimes, as they create a problem in the system. But these methods are capable of stopping the Driver Updates in Windows 10. Hence whenever you face the same situation in your Windows 10 computer, don’t hesitate to follow the same methods to block the Driver Update.