If your Microsoft Office stops working or you want to change the version, then you need to uninstall the earlier version to install the newer one.Also, the superior and more sophisticated applications like Microsoft Office should be uninstalled properly. Otherwise, it will disturb the stability of your Windows operating system. If you want to uninstall the Office, then go through the steps to uninstall Microsoft office from your Windows PC completely.
Before going ahead save and close the all Office application. Uninstalling it doesn’t remove any documents, files or workbook you’d created with the app.
How to deactivate the account?
- Go to ‘My Account-Office.com’ Webpage.
- Log in with your Window Live/Hotmail account.
- Click on the blue ‘Deactivate’ link button.
- Read the info and click ‘OK’ on the confirmation window.
- Click the expand menu button at the upper-right corner to sign out.
- Select ‘Sign out’ from the menu and close the browser.
To uninstall the Office application from the Control Panel:
- Open ‘Start’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Control Panel’ from the right pane.
- Click on ‘Uninstall a program’ into the Programs sections at the left side of the control panel window.
- Find and click on ‘Microsoft Office’ into the Uninstall or change a program list.
- Confirm with ‘Uninstall’ into the confirming Uninstalling Window.
- Wait to complete the uninstall process.
- Click ‘Close’ button when Done uninstalling.
- Now, save and close all the running programs to restart your computer.
- Restart your PC.
- Again go to the ‘Uninstall or change a program’ window in control panel.
- Right-click on the blank space and select ‘Refresh.’
Now, you’ll not find Office program in the list. It means the application has been uninstalled, but the files of the program are still left in your PC storage. You can also try another method given below.
To uninstall the Office from Setup File:
Running setup file is also the method to remove or uninstall the Microsoft Office from the computer.
- Go to the folder of Microsoft Office or insert the Microsoft office disk.
- You’ll find the ‘Setup.exe’ file into the Office folder.
- Run the ‘Setup.exe’ file.
- Running setup file will open a window that gives you the option to
- ‘Add or Remove Features,
- Remove, and
- Enter a Product Key.’
- Select ‘Remove’ in the popup window.
- And click the ‘Continue’ button.
- When you are done, Microsoft Office will be uninstalled from your PC.
- Now, uninstall or remove the other Office components.
- Save and restart your computer again to finish.