AirDrop is a fantastic feature that lets owners or Macs, iPhones, iPads, and iPads to copy files such as pictures, videos, sites, documents, etc. with just a couple of taps. It can be used easily and comes inbuilt with Mac and iOS devices. If you want to share files between Macs or iOS devices, then AirDrop is the most convenient way to do so.
Before you begin, you need to confirm that the Mac supports AirDrop.
Setting up AirDrop Settings
- Launch the AirDrop application by going to the Go menu.
- You might be prompted to turn on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, in case both or either is turned off. Enable your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Scroll down, and decide who you want to share files with. You can select No one, Contacts, and Everyone.
- Go to the Settings.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Select Extensions for enabling AirDrop as the sharing app.
- Place a checkmark next to AirDrop in the Share menu.
- After AirDrop is activated, its application will come as an option whenever you want to share files from your Mac.
Sharing Files Using AirDrop for Mac
Firstly, ensure that AirDrop is activated on the Mac as well as on the recipient device. Check that both of these devices are discoverable.
- Launch Finder.
- Hit the Go button.
- Click on the AirDrop application.
- The recipient device will show up in the list.
- If you want to share the file with a contact, then you need to click on its contact icon.
- Drag the item/s you wish to share and drop them on the contact or device icon in the AirDrop app screen.
The item/s will now be transferred automatically to the recipient. The recipient will get a prompt asking them if they want to receive the file. If you have sent an item to a Mac computer, then it will get saved in the Downloads folder by default. Whereas on iPhones and iPads, the item will automatically open in the suitable app.
Well, isn’t the process to share files between Macs using AirDrop quite easy? Since you now know the steps for setting up and sharing files using AirDrop, copying and moving items would be more convenient for you.